Thursday, September 1, 2016

Thursday Training Update with #RunGoApp

I have been having so many problems with my Blogger app! I posted 3 times and none of them posted or saved! Ugh!
So now I must catch up!
 
Wednesday was a rest day. We played cornhole, where I dropped a board on my big toe, and thought I had wrecked my chances at NYC. I spent Thursday on the couch with my foot iced and used a bunch of Deep Blue. Friday morning it felt so much better, but I stayed mostly off of it so that I could be sure to get in my long run on Sunday.
Saturday was the Greek Festival 5k in Charlotte. I met up with Nicki, Robert, and Kristin, and we had an amazing morning having fun, being silly, and hatching Pokémon Eggs. For real.
However, it was not all sunshine and rainbows. There was only one water stop on a super hot and humid day, and they ran out of water and food at the finish. Luckily, there were some vendors there that made up for it with free beer, lemonade, and fresh baked bread.
 


 
I used the Rungo App, which gives turn by turn directions. I put the route in before the race, and didn't have to worry about making any wrong turns!
 
Sunday, I got up bright nd early to do my 10 miles. The hubs was unthrilled that it was still dark so he did the first 4.5 with me. On his bicycle, let's not go crazy. the man does not run. Luckily, it was overcast, so I never got too hot, although the humidity sucked.
Afterwards, we checked out a plantation in NC and toured the main house. It's a working farm, so there were tons of animals. The pic below is my fave, we found this little guy near the pigs.
 

 
Monday was a rest day. The boy and I did some Pokémon hunting, and also visited some Little Free Libraries. I got a bunch of steps in, which was nice.
 
 
Tuesday was the first run of week 7 of Marathon Training. The temps were much cooler, which was a nice change, but still a lot of humidity. It was a great run, and rounded out my August mileage!
 
 
Wednesday was a Flex day so I did Country Swing and PiYo Lower Body. It felt great getting back to PiYo and I hope to keep it in my plans for the remainder of Marathon Training!
 
 
Tomorrow we leave for Virginia beach for the RnR weekend. Cross your fingers for good weather!
 
 
 
Are you racing this weekend?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment