Thursday, September 8, 2016

#IfGirlsRanTheWorld Starts Soon!

I am so honored to be a Role Model for this program, which starts on October 1st! I will be logging in my miles and coaching Girls on the Run to show my love and support for this worthy cause! Wednesday night I took my CPR course and this weekend is GOTR training, and then I will be ready to go!




 
It's not too late to join me. You can donate, join my team, or run for a cause that's near and dear to your heart. There are so many to choose from, and they are all important to women and girls all over the country. Choosing Girls on the Run was an easy choice for me, as I'm sure there will be one, or several, that will speak to you.



 
Logging my miles will be a piece of cake, with NYC Marathon training reaching its peak in October. I am hoping to make it a 100 mile month. My schedule actually calls for 111, so I am optimistic! I have several races during the month of October, including a Mainly Marathon and a Zooma Half Marathon, which is a race that celebrates women!



 
If you live in the Charlotte area, you can join me for International Day of the Girl on October 11. There will be goodie bags for everyone who attends. I will be hitting the paths of the Piper Glen Greenway at 7 a.m. to run a few miles in honor of the day. You can walk or run, all paces are welcome. My training plan calls for six miles, and I will make the course a one mile out and back, so that you can do the distance that works best for you! If you can attend, please RSVP in the comment section! 



It's so important in these crazy days of social media to be supportive of one another and our future generation of girls. I hope you will join me in this adventure! It is so important that we start building each other up, instead of tearing each other down. 

How will you be celebrating Girls this October??


 


No comments:

Post a Comment