Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Training Update

Where does the time go? I feel like I can barely keep up these days. I don't know why I am having such a hard time, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day.
So here is my update for last week's training. Tomorrow is the week 10 long run and the marathon is less than 45 days away. I will think about that another day. Oh my heck.

Thursday I was going to do my long run, since I was running Hit the Brixx on Saturday. My IT band was giving me a little trouble, and I ended up quitting after a mile or so, and walked back. I have since learned how to roll and stretch it do that running isn't a problem. I did some piyo when I get back to stretch everything out.

A tight muscle (I'm hoping it's not IT Band issues) stopped my long run after only a mile so I came back and did some #piyoupperbody and now I'm going to rub on some #deepblue and rest my leg. #beachbody #beachbodycoach #doterra #essentialoils #deepbluerub #runnerprobs #tcsnycmarathon #marathontraining #skirtsports #realwomenmove #happygirl #converttoskirt #notjustforrunning


Friday I did some more PiYo, and we walked the dogs. Super exciting day.

Saturday was the Hit the Brixx 10k. I ran shorter intervals with these crazy characters and we played Pokemon Go, and it was awesome. I discovered that after mile 2, the tightness mostly God away and I can run pain free. Good to know! I keep rolling and stretching and my leg is at about 80% now, which has me so relieved.



Sunday I attempted the long run again, but I just couldn't get into it, and I only did two miles. Life goes on, and I won't let one bad week freak me out. Much.


Monday was four miles at regular pace and it was a good run! Rolling definitely helps. 



On Tuesday I did 6 tempo miles. Well, OK, I did six miles. I survived. The end. I was at a 13 minute mile, which is just fine by me. 

Tomorrow is my long run, in Charlotte, which freaks me out considering the way things are going there the last few days. I miss my buddies, and I'm mostly looking forward to it. I get an extra half hour in bed, thanks to curfew, so it's not all bad. 
I will leave you with the race photos from Bushnell Photography, at the Carowinds Run and Ride. I KNEW they would be awesome.




 


 




 

 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment