Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Marathon Monday, week one

Now that I have completed my first week of marathon training, I can keep you all updated on my progress. My plantar fasciitis is still bothering me, but the orthotic is making it very bearable.
My training schedule goes Sunday to Saturday.

Sunday... Long Branch Half Marathon


Monday... 15 minute easy run. I ran 1.4 miles in about 18 minutes as a recovery run before I coached Girls on the Run.
Wednesday... 25 minute run. I planned two miles at the board walk which should have taken about that long. My friend Denise met me and after trying to keep up with her, I finished in just under 21 minutes and called it a day.




Thursday... three miles with intervals. First, I forgot to start my watch. I ran about .33 miles before I figured that out. Then, my watch wouldn't display my pace, which made the intervals difficult, but I did my best.



Friday.... P90X, shoulders and arms, I ran out of time but did about 40 minutes of the workout.




Saturday was the For Pete's Sake 5k. I ran it last minute, and it was a great day for it. A few hills, a half mile along the ocean, and my tin was about 32:40 with an average of 10:33. I was very happy with my time. 




Sunday was a rest day so we walked the dogs for two miles. A nice end to my first week!
New York City, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. I ran 86 miles in April too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how crazy is that?! I don't think May will be as high, I have less long races now.

      Delete
  2. Happy marathon training!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jaime! It's fun right now! I doubt it will stay that way, lol

      Delete