Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday Ramblings: NYC, Dopey, and the Interstate Challenge

Hand Burger
After Saturday's painful Half, I was glad to go into NYC on a bus trip with my daughter's school. They run 3 fundraisers a year into the city to see a play, and she just loves her plays! On our way in, the bus got pulled over! Score points for the driver! Of course, the teenies had to get right on their phones and make a conference call. To a boy sitting 5 rows away. Yes, seriously!

My daughter is on the striped phone, the smiling teenie is her bestie.

While on the phone, they decided to done at the Crypt Cafe. It used to be a crematorium. Yes, again, seriously. I have to admit, it was truly awesome. The food was great, atmosphere slightly creepy. Win Win.
entry to restaurant and Haunted House

doorway to Haunted House

dining area, yes, those are crematorium doors. 


pretty girls, picking up a creepy guy



 The musical we went to see was called Peter and the Starcatcher, at the New World Stages. The theater was very nice, they had a wall for people to write on, so the girls wrote quotes from RENT and signed their names. Sorry, I forgot to take a pic! The play was amazing! I have never laughed so hard in my life! It is the story of how Peter Pan became, well, Peter Pan. It was a small cast on a small stage playing multiple roles. The star was so yummy, I wanted to eat him with a spoon! My favorite role, though, was the nanny, played by a man wearing a "hat" on a headband whenever he switched to that role. Hysterical! It really is a must see!

In other news, the training plans for WDW Marathon weekend are available here. These are not printable calendars, although I am guessing that those will be available soon These are links so you can download them into your calendar. They have links for Mac, iPhone, Google, Outlook, and Yahoo! I have alreaded added it to my iCal, and will be writing it into my training calendar later today! SO exciting!



Awhile back, I mentioned being the first to finish the Interstate Challenge! Yay me! Isn't the medal amazing? It is still going on here. To qualify you need to run a marathon or a half marathon in two different states. These races must take place during 2013. SO cool! I used the WDW Marathon as my Florida race and E Murray Todd Half as my NJ race. 
The brilliant minds at Digital Running Club came up with a new challenge for 2014! Two actually.
  1. The Hat Trick. Run three of the following distances in 2014: 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon. Log your races. Get the super cool medal to show of your greatness!
  2. Grand Slam. Dopey Runners, this one is for you! Run all four of those distances in 2014. Log your races. Receive the Grand Slam Medal *and* the Hat Trick Medal to show off your awesomeness! 
Registration opens in July, and the sooner you register, the cheaper it is! I will be first in line for that Grand Slam! Will you take the challenge?
Get in on the excitement at their FaceBook page and on Twitter!

How has your week been so far?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is a great medal, they did a wonderful job with it! can't wait to see the 2014 medals!

      Delete
  2. Great medal.I have to check out the Crypt Cafe.I have never heard of it, but it looks perfectly creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it either, definitely a secret treasure! the sign outside says Times Scare, so funny!

      Delete
  3. I agree with everyone else - very cool medal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go - such a cool medal.

    Stopping by from the Revolt Bloggers FB page.

    ReplyDelete