Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Year New Gear, February!

I was so excited, back in January, when Nicole from Apples and Arteries posted for the first time about New Year New Gear! Nicole said:


During 2012 I participated in a few exchange programs and had fun meeting fellow bloggers and readers.  Since this is the time of year when many people set new fitness and health goals, and who doesn’t love New Gear to help achieve goals or get motivated, my idea is New Year, New Gear.
Here’s how New Year, New Gear works:
1.  Please send me an email if you’re interested in participating.  
2.  You’ll receive your match by email from me.  You’ll be responsible for emailing your match.
Introduce yourself and find out more about the person’s health/wellness interests and fitness activities.  Also ask about clothing size – if the person is comfortable sharing – brand preference, items on their wish-list.
3.  Shop around and put together a fun package keeping to a limit of $15.  Maybe it’s a new workout top, running socks, hairbands, a pair of shorts.  You’d be amazed at the goods you can find at the outlets (UA, Nike), TJ Maxx and Marshalls, and department stores. Be sure to include a gift receipt (when available).
4.  Ship the package.  Please be so kind as to include a note of motivation.
Note – as a participant, you’ll be matched with one person to send to, and someone else will be matched with you to send you New Gear.

How cool is this!?

This is my second month participating, and I am loving it so far!
For February, I received my package from Becky at Olives n Wine. I told her I wanted to try out some new socks for running, and she hooked me up!
TWO pairs of socks, an *awesome* wrist wallet, and a jump rope. She sent the jump rope because she read on my blog that I wanted to try cross training instead of just running. LOVE her! The socks are so soft and comfy! I have already used the wrist wallet twice over the weekend. The first was to hold  Twenty during a 2 mile fun run. It didn't get sweaty or gross, and neither did my wrist. The next day I wore it reversed (yellow, reflective!) to run a Half Marathon. I thought the key would rip it, because it was so large, but it held on and was in perfect shape after the race was over! LOVE! Sadly, I have yet to try the jump rope. I have caught a lovely cold since the Half, and have been resting after work! Can't wait to try it though!

I sent my Gear to Debbie at Healthy Running Mom. Check out her blog, she even has a giveaway going on right now!
I have already signed up for the March exchange, I am having so much fun with this!

What kind of exchanges have you done? What kind would you like to do, but haven't seen?

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun!! :) Love your new gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Autumn! I see you removed tour post, I am hoping that means you found the link and will be participating! It is so much fun!

      Delete
    2. Haha yes, that's exactly it :)

      Delete
  3. YAY! I'm so glad you like the socks and the wrist wallet! I'm happy to know that it doesn't stretch out and stays put while running - I might have to get one for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Becky, and the wallet is super awesome! The yellow side matches my Half Fanatic shirt perfectly!

      Delete