Thursday, March 14, 2013

Leaving...On a Jet, um, Train

WOW! I cannot believe I have not posted since Sunday!
Monday morning at work, I felt a twinge in my neck/shoulder, and it has been bugging me all week! An ever present, dull ache, that is making me slightly nervous! Why? Because tomorrow, my daughter and I are taking the train from Philly to DC! The hubs and the boy will drive down after the boy gets out of school. He has too many absences, so he has to wait to leave!
I have no idea if my train will look like this, lol, it was the first pic to come up!

Tomorrow is the Expo for the Rock n Roll USA Half Marathon! I am so excited to be running in DC, it is one of my favorite places to visit! My daughter and I will hit the expo, and then go sightseeing until the hubs shows up with the boy. I can't wait! My bags are packed, my running gear is packed, and I am ready to go!
Will you be there? If so, look for me and my orange backpack, lol. It will have all of my groups and ambassadorships pictured on it, so I will be hard to miss!

I will take tons of pictures and post way too many, lol, by Monday night at the latest! 

Are you racing this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Have a great race.In honor of St. Patty's Day, here's a few wise Irish quotes to provide running inspiration.

    "The longest road out is the shortest road home."

    "May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face..."

    "Wherever you go and whatever you do,
    May the luck of the Irish be there with you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time!!! I have 2 5ks....I am nervous over my first half of the year which is next saturday...only my second ever and my runs have been crappy lately :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope the 5Ks are fun! Don't worry about the crappy runs, just have a great race! I always run the best when I think I am going to screw it up lol

      Delete