Friday, August 19, 2022

Book Lover’s Con Houston, day 4



 I guess I really don’t want it to end, because I didn’t blog yesterday about our final day at BLC 22. 

We finally got to sleep in a bit on Sunday morning, because the first event was Brunch and Bubbly. The first and only event. 

:::::insert crying face here::::

Sarah and I headed down a little early, but we were some of the few! Everyone was tired from the night before. We sat on the carpet and waited for the doors to open. We had a fun distraction, though. Author Lora Leigh had her sweet pup with her, Boo Boo. 



We also took one more pass at the swap table. Any books leftover were being donated to a woman’s shelter.


When the doors to the event were opened, we were in the first group to enter, so we were placed at a table with author Cathryn Marr. She had some surprises for us!

The buffet had a grits bar

Mimosas made to order 

Mystery shots


My breakfast! The wine glass on the left was from Cathryn, and the boot and sticker were from BLC22. 

Our swag…

Live entertainment, and this guy was on point! 

Parfaits…. So yummy!

After we finished our breakfast and they drew raffles for those not at an author table, it was time to say goodbye to our new friends! 


Time to head upstairs and pack up our final swag, and leave our bags with the concierge. We had a few hours to kill between checkout and our Uber pickup.

Earrings from the swag bag

There was even an Amazon  gift card!

Keychain from the swag bag!

Reading in the bar while we wait for my friend 

When I posted pics of the Hobbit Cafe on Facebook, my friend Monica, who I haven’t seen in years, commented that she lived close by! I didn’t realize she was living in Houston, so of course we made plans to hook up for some lunch! 






The food was so so good! After lunch, we hung out at their house for a bit, and then it was time to head back to the hotel to pick up our Uber. 
Such an amazing weekend, and I am eagerly awaiting an email to register for next year! 

Have you ever been to a Book Convention or Event?

No comments:

Post a Comment