Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Book Lover’s Con Houston, Day 3

 Day 3 of Book Lover’s Con started with Biscuits and Books. They had biscuits, gravy, jam, and butter, plus coffee and tea. They were so yummy, Sarah and I both opted for blueberry jam. Delicious! The event used a pic of our table for their Instagram story! The authors were supposed to table hop, but I think many of them got super comfy and spent most of their time at one table. 


Sarah and I brought our doubles with us so that we could trade them in at the Book Swap table. 


I turned in three, but only found one. I did go back later and found another.


I also met Liam the Gnome. He has his own Instagram, and he has a lot of adventures!




After breakfast, we went to Xs and Os, which was a cross between tic tac toe and BINGO. 




Each author would come to your table, and flip their wooden coin to determine if it was an X or an O. The first flip was for their book covers in row 1, then for their names, and then their photo. It was a lot of fun, and often frustrating when the flip didn’t go my way! I did manage to win a few prizes though, and so did Sarah.







One of our table mates gave me some of her swag as well, because she already had that book. So nice!



Afterwards, we went to the bar for lunch. We bumped into one of the authors, who gave us her raffle tickets! We filled them out during lunch and dropped them off before the BLC Book Signing. 



I managed to restrict myself to only four books. I had so many already, but I couldn’t resist buying some more! Plus, I met Nancy Naigle, who writes the books that a lot of Hallmark movies are based on! She was so nice, and she told us some fun stories about the filming of her movies and even about my fave Hallmark heart throb, Ryan Paevey. Swoon. 







They drew the winners at this event, but neither of us had any luck. We were actually relieved. Where would we put it? We did NOT bring big enough suitcases. 

The Book Lover’s Two Step was next. You went from table to table, meeting the authors and talking about their books. They gave you a raffle ticket and some swag, and then you chose which baskets to put your tickets into. I put the bulk of my tickets into Nancy Naigle’s basket….






I may have fangirled, and gotten a pic taken with her. I couldn’t resist! We were all dressed and ready for the VIP event for the BLC Barbecue, which Sarah and I both got to attend. We were given a swag bag before the event, and then we got VIP seats with Carolyn Brown and her family. They were all so nice, and Carolyn gave us even more swag!






The dinner was chicken or brisket sliders, plus grilled veggies. So yummy! 



After dinner was the Saints and Sinners Dance. We went in, got our pic at the photo booth, and then hung around for awhile, dancing a little as well. The costumes were amazing. We totally dropped the ball on this one, though. We attended in our BBQ outfits. 




Of course there was more swag! Our poor suitcases were  going to be crammed full! 







The music was on point! We had a great time, and said goodbye for now to our BLC friends! Only brunch in the morning and then it was time to go home. 

Stay tuned for Day 4……

No comments:

Post a Comment