Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Reading Rainbow Trip day 3

 Wow! It’s been a couple of days since I got back, so I am finally posting about our final day. I had so much fun but I’m so sad that it’s over! I didn’t read as much as I thought I would, but we did some fun activities and each finished one book, so I’m calling it a win! The pics are in no certain order, but I’ll do my best to describe everything!


This is my stack of purchased books. I bought one book at each of the stores we visited except Daedalus. I got the Nancy Drew books there! The rest were gifts. 


Thomas Jefferson’s grave. The area was really beautiful but also under construction, so we didn’t take many pics.


Um. Self explanatory pic of awesome socks...


These are the books that Morgan gave me on loan! 



 Curious George liked New Dominion Book Shop, it was the only bookstore we visited that sold new books.


IX Art Park. There are a lot of pics from here, and I definitely didn’t take a pic of everything we saw. This is a must see in Charlottesville. Also, one of these pics is where we found a geocache. Hmmmm....



Told you they were random. Another pic of the New Dominion store, with tables dedicated to the Virginia Festival of Books, which is online this year. 


More art. There was a whole courtyard area dedicated to it, as well as the surrounding buildings. So so cool.


The gate to Thomas Jefferson’s grave. 


More art. This arch led to a place where little kids can play. 


Little Free Library? Art? Both? You decide. 



Monticello. This is as close as we got for our $60. The line was so long, even though we bought tickets for a certain time period. I highly suggest a visit.... after Covid! Their system is seriously flawed. 


We are already planning our next Reading Rainbow Retreat, this time in New England. What would you add to our itinerary?


No comments:

Post a Comment