Monday, January 4, 2021

What I’m Reading in January



 I love the beginning of a new year. All of my reading challenges reset, with new prompts. Planning begins full force. My stack of daily books is usually 4 or 4 high. When I finish a book, it satisfies so many prompts from the year long challenges as well as the monthly ones. I found a few new ones this year, so my pile is a little higher than usual!

I have my journals all set up. I used one last year, and it got too full, too soon. This year, I got one for my challenges and one for my book journal. I also got a cute library cart to keep my monthly TBR pile off of the furniture. The hubs is still laughing about it, he thinks I’m insane! 





I have a pile of four books right now. I’m reading  a chapter a day of the Comeback Quotient (for the BibRave Pro book club) and Bleak House (for What the Dickens on Litsy).






I’m also reading Taming of the Shrew for a Shakespeare challenge that gives me a schedule so that by the end of the year, I’ve read his complete works. My copy used to belong to my mom, but she gave it to me in high school, along with some others. I had to buy his complete works anyway, and when I get to that I will post a pic. It’s a monster! 

I have finished Dying for Devil’s Food and will be starting Blue Labyrinth, which is a a Pendergast book. I adore Pendergast. I’ll be starting it tonight.



Challenges I’m doing this year: Pop Sugar, 52 in 52, Flourish and Blotts on Facebook, Creating and Co on YouTube, to name a few! I’m also doing some Litsy challenges. 


What are you reading right now? Do you have any reading goals? 


4 comments:

  1. Your organization and your drive never cease to astound me. Once I decide to do something that is when it all falls apart. I need to just do and not think but this leads to excuses....not you. you decide and you do. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also that little cart is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came on Christmas Eve, and I put it together all stealth like, and Jon didn’t notice it for about 3 or 4 days. He couldn’t decide if he should be mad or laugh lol he was mostly mad that I didn’t tell him I wanted it when he needed gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete