Friday, January 8, 2021

Fiction Friday

 


The first week of January has been a crazy one, and I have been trying to read for at least a couple of hours every day. Each day, I read a chapter of Bleak House, a chapter of a Self Help book, and some pages of Shakespeare. Plus my fun book, which I read for the rest of the time, and I bring with me when I leave the house. You know, just in case.

My first book for fun was Apt Pupil, by Stephen King. I thought it was new, but it turns out that he wrote it in the 80s and it was in one of his anthologies under a different title. Basically, it was a re-read. Oh well. It was really good, and I breezed through it.



I also joined a Litsy challenge to read Dickens, so Bleak House is my first Chunkster. I am reading a chapter a day, which will take me into the end of February, possible early March. Y'all. The dude got paid by the word and he took that seriously. I am liking it so far, which is fortunate! 




I actually enjoyed Taming of the Shrew. I legit HATE reading plays, which should make this whole Year of Shakespeare thing pretty interesting, but the dude is seriously funny. If you haven't seen Ten Things I Hate About You, I highly recommend it. If you have, you've seen Taming of the Shrew. 



Next on the list (actually it was first, but I was waiting on the Complete Works to arrive, and I already owned Shrew) is Twelfth Night. I am looking forward to the shenanigans. 


My next read for fun was Dying For Devil's Food by Jenn McKinlay. I adore this series, and I ripped right through this. For real, if she doesn't marry Joe soon, I am gonna get cranky. A lovely and spot on look into attending your high school reunion as a former loser. I ate it up!



I have moved onto the 14th book in the Pendergast series. This guy is amazing, and I am liking the return of a few characters from past books. I am more than halfway done!


Somehow I am missing a pic of my current Self Help, the Comeback Quotient. I am reading along with some fellow BibRave Pros, and it is a great read for someone returning to sports after injury. 

What are you currently reading?









No comments:

Post a Comment