Monday, January 11, 2021

Medi Weight Loss Monday

 I’ve been hinting for awhile that I started seeing a nutritionist, and I’m finally read to start talking about it! It’s hard to admit that you can’t do something on your own, and nothing else was working, so I finally called Medi WeightLoss and made an appointment. They work with your insurance, which is nice, because it can be spendy otherwise.

At my first appointment, I had to fast for bloodwork, which was so much fun. I got light headed afterwards which was mega embarrassing, although the guy who took my blood was super cool about it, especially after I told him that I wouldn’t puke! It’s the little things.

Then they told me about the plan. Obviously I can’t go into minute details here, but it’s very similar to keto and the first week about killed me. Until I weighed in and had a loss of 5 pounds. 



Each week, I go in for my appointment and get weighed in, along with my blood pressure and heart rate. Oh, did I mention this is a clinic? I see nurses and everything, it’s awesome. Then the nutritionist  comes in and we talk about my weigh in, my food for the week, any challenges coming up, etc. They will even give me recipes to help me, one we for pumpkin waffles, and they make me feel like I’m getting those carbs, even though it’s all protein. 


They do have products, although you don’t need to use them. I usually get shake mix and protein bars. I do have my faves, and these replace snacks, not meals, or I wouldn’t do it. I like to eat my food!


There is even hot cocoa mix that’s protein! 
I started right after my trip to Disney, mid November, and have lost 18 pounds so far! Every time I weigh in, I get details about body fat lost, etc and it’s really motivating to see my fat percentage and BMI go down! 
I will try and post updates every Monday. So far I have lost almost 10% of my original weight, and I’m hoping to hit that 10% in the newer few weeks! I lost 3 pounds last week, so this week may be much lower! I’m 4 pounds away from that mark! 


No comments:

Post a Comment