Monday, December 16, 2019

My 2020 Achievement Board

Each year at about this time, I make my Achievement Board for the next year. I start by choosing one word to describe how I want the year to go. I chose this word last month after I tore my mensicus. I knew that I would have to change the way I look at the year in terms of goals, since I don't know how well I will be able to run. 


2020 will be all about the journey. No worrying about PRs, no worrying about running tons of races, more focus on doing some fun things..... 
After I put my one word in the center, I made my border, and wrote in some song lyrics (The Climb and Fight Song) plus some Dolly Parton quotes that spoke to me. 


Time for the goals. Many are reading related, some running and yoga, plus traveling to the UK and Cuba. A couple are scary experiences, like horseback riding and indoor parachuting. 



As I reach the goals, I shade in the square and sometimes I will add a new goal. For instance, when I reach my reading goal, I might make a new goal of reading even more. Or when I hit my 30 day yoga streak, my next goal might be 60 or 75 days.


I love having these small, mostly easily attainable goals. They are so much more realistic than setting a NYE goal of losing 50 pounds, or cutting out certain foods, etc. Setting resolutions has never really worked for me! Is it ok if I don't reach all of my goals? Absolutely! You best believe I'm gonna try though!

Check out my


Do you set goals or make resolutions at the beginning of the year?







No comments:

Post a Comment