Thursday, November 28, 2019

NYRR Virtual Turkey Trot, Powered by Strava


I participated in the NYRR Virtual Turkey Trot, powered by Strava, as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.

Happy Thanksgiving! The last few years I have been taking part in Turkey Trots that take place on Thanksgiving morning. This year, I signed up for the NYRR Virtual Turkey Trot. This is a FREE race that works along with Strava (also FREE) and you get to run it wherever and whenever you want, between November 23 and December 1. You can sync you watch to the app or even use the app itself! 
I chose to participate in a 4 mile race that takes place in the neighborhood near mine. It's a pretty basic race, perfect for a Thanksgiving morning. 


I ran the first half mile (darn that torn meniscus!) and then walked the rest. It was pretty cold out at the start, but I warmed up quickly!





The race looped all around the neighborhood, up and down so many hills, with lots of residents out cheering for the runners. It was a fun way to start the morning!



The hubs came along and got some pics of me starting and finishing which was handy!


Definitely not a PR, unless we count it as my first walked four mile race! Let's not go crazy!


I also earned two Garmin badges so it's a win win!


Thanks to NYRR for giving me a push out the door on a Holiday morning! 

Did you run a Turkey Trot today? How many miles?



No comments:

Post a Comment