Monday, November 4, 2019

Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Yesterday I ran the second part of the Two Course Challenge. Getting up early was easier on day two thanks to Daylight Savings, but still challenging. I took it easy after the 10k, which definitely helped, but 3:15 is early no matter how you look at it! We got to our bus and to our corrals with ease, and waited the hour for the start of the race. My corral didn’t start until 45 minutes later, after a lot of standing and shuffling. The first four miles of the course are road miles and then you enter the Animal Kingdom. It is one of my favorite Parks to run through! Then a few more road miles before you hit Hollywood Studios. They have cut that part of the course short, so you only get a quick run through there. Around the bend onto the Boardwalk and then the final run through EPCOT.
I struggled a bit on the slanty roads on the highway but I finished!



















No comments:

Post a Comment