Sunday, November 17, 2019

Charlotte Marathon 5k

I am promoting the Charlotte Marathon 5k as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews!


Brrrrrr
Yesterday was a cold and windy day to walk a 5k, but I was determined to finish, even though I wasn’t allowed to run. I haven’t blogged about it yet, but I tore my meniscus just after Halloween, and the last two weeks have been hell. I’m still thinking about how I want to talk about it, so stay tuned. If you have any workouts for runners to get stronger, though, let me know. I rarely strength training, and I really need to!
In any case, I met up at the Westin with my running club to get a before pic and to talk anyone off the ledge that might be nervous! There was a marathon, half marathon, and relay as well!





Then we went to the start as a group and separated for the different races. I ran into Angela, who was volunteering, and got some selfies with other friends as well.




The race was fun! We had a lot of laughs and got to pass by Panthers stadium twice. The scenery was fun, except for the pesky police car that was behind us for awhile!






We finished, got our medal, toured the swag tents, and then rented scooters so that we could spectate!





Spectating is hard work! It was so cold, and we were freezing, but we cheered our hearts out before heading back to the finish to see our friends!






Have you ever spectated a race?

No comments:

Post a Comment