Thursday, April 4, 2019

Why I Cannot Wait to Run the Downtown Westfield 5k & Pizza Extravaganza



I received entry into the Downtown Westfield 5K and Pizza Extravaganza as part of being a BibRave Pro. (ambassador) Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews. 

If you've been a reader fore more than a few years, you know that I'm originally a Jersey girl. We moved south 3 years ago. Way back once upon a time I ran the Downtown Westfield 5k and Pizza Extravaganza, and that experience is definitely contributing to my reasons for wanting a chance to run it again. 

The course is hilly. When I was a Jersey girl, I trained on flat beach town roads. If you wanted a hill, you ran over a bridge. Seriously. This race slayed me. It was also hot, because duh! July. Now that I am a southern girl who trains on the Charlotte area hills, I'm curious to see how I feel about this race!


The town comes out in force for this race. So many local businesses set up at this event and there is much swag to be had!


The race is held on a Wednesday night! How fun is that?!?


The hubs is going to run it with me. And by with me, I mean we will drive there together. The man does not run at all, he uses the elliptical at the gym a few days a week, and routinely kicks my butt when I drag him to races. We will be in Jersey that week for my daughter's wedding and will stay a few extra days to run the race. 


It's a pizza run! I am lactose intolerant so I avoid pizza, but the hubs adores it. Have you ever had southern pizza? Most of it is pretty gross. Seriously, it's probably the thing he misses most since we moved. Well, other than our daughter!


If you are from Jersey, I definitely recommend you join me! Use the code WESTFIELDBR19 and get registered for $32! I will be there in my BibRave gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment