Monday, January 14, 2019

Monday Training Update

The new running season had started, and this is usually when I stop doing any other form of exercise. Not for any particular reason, mostly just laziness.

I have been making an effort to change that, and I had a pretty good week!

Monday I went to Burn Boot Camp. I signed up for their new 6 week program, Raise the Bar. I can go as often as I want for 6 weeks, my goal is at least twice a week, hopefully 3 times. The first day was upper body and I just about died. Each day of the week there is a chance to improve on a certain exercise. Mondays it is the number of push ups, without quitting, in 2 minutes. I did 21, on my knees. Let's not go crazy. I did manage to increase that to 25 this morning!



Tuesday, the new running season was in full swing. I got up in the dark, ran three miles in the dark, and drove home...in the dark. I have a runner who is brand new, so my times will be slower until she gets in her groove. She is doing so well already!



Wednesday. Ahhh what a day. As I was getting ready to teach yoga, my son calls out to me that he needed help. He had been wrestling with his puppy and she scratched his nose. Deep. Like, blood dripping from his face deep. So, instead of teaching yoga I was in urgent care. We did end up taking the little face wrecker on a hike later that day.



Thursday was a trifecta day. First, I went for another dark run.



Then Hope and I went to Burn, since we missed it on Wednesday. It was a lot of ab work. A lot. I managed 72 v-ups in 2 minutes, doing one leg at a time.



Then I taught yoga. Yikes that was painful!

Friday I took a break. Thursday was rough on the old body, and I had a big day on Saturday as well.



Saturday was long run day. I have such a great group of ladies this season, and they are all at different levels, so we did several loops on the Greenway to accommodate everyone.







Saturday night I went to a friend's birthday party, and we all went roller skating! So fun, but it made my shins hurt!



Sunday we went grocery shopping, walked the dogs, and then I went to see Gone With the Wind at the local movie theater. Perfect end to the week!



What was your favorite workout this week?

5 comments:

  1. OMG 72?? I cant even do 1 V-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do X ups (where is it one arm and the opposite leg) but v ups are not happening...which is strange because I can hold boat for awhile.....one day I will get those damn v-ups!!

    ReplyDelete