Friday, January 18, 2019

Flat Mama Friday and the Hot Chocolate Expo

***I received entry into the Hot Chocolate Charlotte 15k as part of being a BibRave Pro (Ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.***

Hot Chocolate is one of my favorite race series. Where else can you run 15k through a fun city, while eating chocolate on the course? That's right! Not only do they give you chocolate on the course, but also after you finish!



Lissa (RunNerdGirl) and I met up at the Convention Center just as the expo was opening. Ok, so we met up at the Starbucks in the lobby. A girl needs her iced tea, y'all.




After we had our beverages, we headed into the expo...



But first, a photo opp!



Next we picked up our bibs. I love their system! You go on any line (there weren't any when we arrived, so we walked right up), show them the QR code from your email, and they print a label and slap it on the first bib in their pile. I had my bib, and my friend Teddy's, in about 2 minutes. Mostly because I wasted 30 seconds searching for his QR code in my Facebook messages.
Next, you go into the expo and pick up your hoodie. Oh my heck, this hoodie is amazing. It is so soft and cozy and it has thumb holes. Thumb.Holes.



After we collected our hoodies, we wandered the expo, and by that I mean we loitered around the chocolate table...







So yummy. It is a chocolate themed race, after all!
After we wandered a bit more, we walked a few blocks to Teddy's hotel, and left his bag at the desk, before Lissa took the train back home.



I went to Amelie's for a quick pick me up before I made the long drive back home.


I have my Flat Mama all ready for tomorrow morning...



Are you racing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment