Saturday, March 3, 2018

Rock n Roll NOLA expo!

I received a bib for RnR New Orleans as part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.


Yesterday the hubs and I arrived in New Orleans for Rock n Roll weekend!



We have been exploring the city, eating all the food, and having a great time!



Unfortunately, due to injury, I cannot run tomorrow as planned. Instead, I will be volunteering at a water stop! I'll be at mile 4 for the 10k and mile 11 for the half and full marathon.
I did hit the expo anyway, since I had a bib, and RnR puts on a great expo.



I met up with some friends and we all wandered the expo together. I easily picked up my bib and tee, with barely any line at all.



Time to see the expo!
The Brooks merch was amazing as always, but since I'm not running I couldn't justify spending any money on race swag. Something new that I noticed was that they print all the runners' names on the back of the tees!



I visited the Geico booth but didn't win a tee. If you win a tee and wear it to the race, they give you a free massage at the finish!
I scored some free gum, and then made a beeline for the Toyota booth. They always have the coolest stuff to do.



I got an iron on for my shirt sleeve there as well!





I also ran into a friend...



As we left, crossing over a timing mat made your name show up with a Good Luck message on a screen. I tried to get a pic but someone stepped in my way. There were so many people there that I didn't even try again. It was fun to see, though!

I enjoyed the expo, even if I'm not racing. I'm looking forward to volunteering tomorrow morning, even though I have to get up even earlier than
I would if I was racing!

I will post about my first experience as a water stop volunteer tomorrow night!

Have you ever volunteered at a race?

No comments:

Post a Comment