Friday, March 23, 2018

Why I Run.....

I'm writing this post as a Skirt Sports Ambassador. I am not being paid to write this post, but it will contain a discount code that will earn me points towards some free swag.

So now that we got that out of the way, let's talk about why I run. Well, I'm not actually running right now, but I will be back at it on April 3rd!
I started running because I was unhappy. I talk about it briefly below, but here is the real deal. I was overweight. I had just "broken up" with a friend who made me unhappy. She was one of those people who just sucked the life out of you, without you knowing it. She was unhappy and she brought me down with her. I decided to do the Couch to 5K program, and that was the start of a beautiful new life! While training for a 10k, I got it into my head to run a half marathon. That turned into over 50 half marathons and 4 marathons, and the rest is history. I found my joy. Here are a few reasons why.

In no particular order.....

Friends. Some of my very best friends were met because I run. Whether I met them at my running club, at a race, on a message board or Facebook, they all quickly became such amazing friends and I'm blessed to have them all!



Bling. Sometimes even the worst race is made better by the bling at the finish. I have definitely signed up for races just because the medals were amazing, haven't you? Plus, if you're going to race, you need to train....



Peace. I'm talking about the quiet around you and the quiet in your mind. I have my best thoughts when I'm running, and I've solved a lot of problems as well!



Health. I started running when a friend and I.... stopped being friends. I had wanted to run a 5k and she didn't, so it was a good place to start. I lost and gained a lot of weight since then, and I've gained a lot of muscle and fitness as well. I feel better when I run!



Plus it sets a good example for my kids...



Races. I guess this goes with the bling, but not every race has bling, so maybe not. I love travelling to new places for a race, and I've seen so many great sights because of races.



Fundraising. I run for my Dad, he is fighting a form of Muscular Dystrophy called Myasthenia Gravis and I have been running with MDA Team Momentum for the last 4 years. This year I'm running Marine Corps!



Wanna donate? Every little bit helps!
Http://www2.mda.org/goto/4warren

Work. I legit get paid to run! I am a coach at Run For Your Life in Charlotte, and I coach the walkers who are just starting out. It's amazing and I love every minute of it. The last month I have been riding my bike with them, but I still coach!



Cute Gear. You knew this was coming. I pretty much live in Skirt Sports. It's for women, made by women, and their message is everything I live for. If you haven't tried a Skirt Sports skirt, you're not really living. Seriously.

we are both wearing Happy Girl skirts here!

all Happy Girls skirts!

My favorite is the Happy Girl, followed closely by the Jaguar...

Discount Code!

And the Pocketopia Capris...



Why do you run?

No comments:

Post a Comment