Sunday, March 4, 2018

Volunteering at RnR NOLA

I received a bib for the Rock n Roll New Orleans Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.

If you've been following along, you know that I'm injured. Again. It seems that my other foot is now experiencing the same posterior tibial tendonopathy that I had in December. Shoot me now.

Anyway.

We were all set to travel to NOLA, so we knew that we would be coming anyway. I might have whined a bit on Facebook and a friend suggested I join her husband's running club and volunteer at the mile 11.5 water stop. Perfect!



I arrived at around 7 am, plenty of time to help set up before the 10k runners came by.



I have never had so much fun volunteering! This was my first time at a water stop, and it was hard work, but so much fun!



I handed out water for about 4 hours, while dancing and cheering. So many said that it was their favorite stop so far!



Most of the men were in red dresses to advertise for their August event, the Red Dress Run. It put a smile on a lot of faces, especially towards the end.

Once the crowd dwindled down, I walked my friend Carolyn to the finish.



It really was the perfect day. I wish I had something to report about the actual race, I have heard amazing things all day!

I will say that RnR has great volunteer swag!



And volunteering was almost as hard as running a half, just less impact!



Did you run this morning? Did you dance down the road at mile 11.5? (Mile 4.5ish for the 10k)

No comments:

Post a Comment