Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Chicago Marathon Training with USA Pack Run Cap

I received a BUFF® USA Pack Run Cap as part of being a BibRave Pro (Ambassador) for the purposes of this review. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.



When you're running 3 or 4 times a week in the South, you're constantly searching for training gear that keeps you comfortable while also serving a purpose. I have a lot of running hats, as most female runners do (accessorize accessorize accessorize!) in all kinds of styles and colors. What makes this one different?



It's super lightweight, weighing in at only 1 ounce. When it's 85 degrees out with 90% humidity, this is super important.

When you're done with your run, you can shove this hat anywhere and it will regain it's shape when you take it out. I have crumpled this hat up and shoved it in a skirt pocket while I had iced tea at Starbucks after my long run.



UPF 50 protection, need I say more? It may be dark when I start my runs on Saturday but the sun is out when I'm done. That last hour can be brutal, and I'm thrilled to know that my hat can offer me extra protection.

The material is super fast wicking and keeps moisture from building up in your cap. Plus, the sweatband on the brim keeps perspiration out of your eyes. There is nothing worse than coming to the end of your run and having sweat pouring into your eyes. It's blinding, y'all.

The logo on the front and the tab in the back are reflective. I'm constantly raving about safety, people, so this is the most important detail for me. Running in the dark can be dangerous if you don't protect yourself. It's so vital to your safety to have reflective clothing. With drivers so distracted these days, you want to be sure that they can see you without having to look too hard!



There is a cute little elastic band in the back that adjusts to insure a perfect fit. I was a bit skeptical about this detail, because it seemed like this little bit of elastic couldn't possibly help hold this hat on my head. It really does the job and it's easy to adjust. I'm okay with being proven wrong.

The cap comes in other patterns and also in black, so there is bound to be one that makes everybody happy. I chose mine because it matches my work shirt, which is always important!

Which cap would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment