Monday, July 31, 2017

Marathon Training and Coaching with Knuckle Lights

I received this beautiful pink Knuckle Lights Colors for the purposes of this review as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews!



Marathon Training is in full swing and I'm starting to hit big mileage. This month I ran 80 miles and hit 501 for the year so far! I also coach for Run For Your Life in Charlotte and we meet up 3 times a week for group runs. Two of those days we meet before dark and finish in the semi dark. This makes safety a huge concern for me and the ladies that I coach.



Until recently I have been running with a headlamp. Headlamps work just fine, don't get me wrong, but even after wearing one on my trucker hat, I still have lines on my forehead for a couple hours afterward. Luckily, I don't work outside of my coaching job, or it would be a very awkward couple of hours!



Knuckle Lights Colors is super comfy. The band that goes around your hand is adjustable and you can reach the power button without taking them off. The beam of light that they give off is enough to light the way for you, plus whoever is to your right and to your left. It's a very wide arc, perfect for group running!



If pink isn't for you, Knuckle Lights Colors is available in black and light blue as well. There are 2 in the package, one for each hand, and the batteries are included! They are also waterproof, which is super useful on super sweaty days, and those rainy days that we pray for here in the south!



When I first started using the Knuckle Lights Colors, my only complaint was that when the sun came up I still had to hold on to them. I felt more than a little silly when I realized that they conveniently fit in the pocket of my running skirt! It only took me about 4 runs to figure that out. I blame the early hour.



If you worry about batteries running out while you're running, Knuckle Lights also carries a rechargeable version called Knuckle Lights Advanced. It comes with a charging dock that you can put your Knuckle Lights into after every run. They are also twice as bright as the Colors.
Both versions have magnets so they lock together when you aren't using them. No more fishing around in your gym bag for that second light, they will stay together for easy storage.



I know, I used this pic twice, but it bears repeating. Check out knucklights.com and use the discount code to get your favorite color!

What's your favorite feature of Knuckle Lights Colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment