Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day at the Poached Pear

The hubs and I decided to try out a new restaurant in town for Valentine's Day. The Poached Pear is just a couple miles away in Downtown Point Pleasant Beach, and has amazing Yelp reviews!
It didn't take long to see why! We were seated immediately, as given a pre fix menu to offer from. You ordered your appetizer, main course, and dessert all at once and the just sat back and enjoyed the evening. 

Didn't we look nice?

Poached Pear Salad: goat cheese, nuts, tomatoes.... Delicious!


The hubs loved his garlic shrimp


Apple Cider Pork Chop with veggies and mashed sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes were amazing, my favorite part!


The hubs had Filet Mignon with asparagus and mashed potatoes. He pretty much cleaned his plate! 


I finished with Lemon Mousse Napoleon. Holy heck this was perfection! I couldn't finish so there is some on the fridge!


The hubs had their specialty, the flourless chocolate cake. It was rich and delicious an there is a little bit on the fridge which makes me happy!


Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, the waiter brought us each a box with two truffles inside! I tried one last night and it was everything a truffle should be! 

All in all, a perfect night! 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's. I love trying new places and I go to Yelp a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the hubs won't go anywhere new without checking Yelp first!

      Delete