Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Not Quite Wordless Wednesday: Virtual Race Edition

After more than a year, I am hosting another virtual race: Barking Mad About Warren 5k for Muscular Dystrophy


I have eight registered racers already, and we've only just begun! 
For every 10 registered racers, I will add a prize to the pile and will raffle off the prizes on April 19, the official day of the race.
The great thing about virtual races? You can run them anytime anywhere! 
How does it work?
You send me $20 in one of three ways:
  1. donate to the charity directly
  2. send me a check! You can email me for my address.
 
At least $10 from each registration will be donated to MDA, I am hoping for $15.  The more racthe cheaper the medals will be, the more I can donate!
Everyone who registers will receive a medal and a goodie bag, contents yet to be decided.
For every ten racers, I will add something to be raffled at the end. More racers=better prizes
Any time during the month of April you will walk, run, crawl, or bike 3.1 miles (or one mile, if you are just starting out or running with little ones).
If you live local to me, we are getting together on the 19th to run. I am doing a half marathon the day before, so it will be slow and lazy for me!
Post pictures on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and tag me so I can see your awesome runs, and so my dad can see as well! There is a link to the event page at the top of this post, you can post pics there as well!
My dad (Warren) has Myasthenia Gravis, which is a form of MD. It makes it harder on all of his muscles, and makes his life on the whole just a little bit harder! My goal is $500, but I would love to double it, or even triple it!
The names of everyone who donates will be on my shirt when I run the Monster Mash Marathon this Fall.
 





What are you waiting for? Register today!

4 comments:

  1. Sent my donation directly to the charity! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Can you email me your address so that I can send the medal in April? I don't think MDA provides me with it!

      Delete