Monday, February 9, 2015

Marathon Monday: Training with Jeff Galloway



With my Fall marathons right around the corner, I am so excited to announce that I will be a Galloway Blogger this year! I will be bringing you tips and strategies throughout my training, right from the man himself!
What is the Galloway Method? If you have run or attended just about any race, you've no doubt seen it in action! Jeff uses the run/walk method, where you alternate between running and walking, and the amount of time you spend doing each will depend on the pace you would like to maintain. 




The benefits are amazing! You will be able to finish any distance injury free, and you will have a great time in the process. So many people rely on this method to get them to the finish line! Jeff even provides his training plan to all Run Disney athletes! 



I put some of his advice onto some past race photos, choosing the ones that best fit the message! I don't know about you, but a run with beautiful scenery is better than any chocolate as a stress reliever!




I know how hard it is to go out slowly at the  beginning of a race, but it makes the rest of the race a lot easier to finish without wearing out too soon!



Pacing yourself properly also helps you get through the rest of your day! There is a huge difference in your day when you pace yourself. Instead of recovering on the couch all day, you feel energized and have an active day.



The end game is so worth it. There is nothing like crossing the finish line at a longer race. I ways feel totally badass when I finish a half marathon, and even more so when I finish a marathon! 


The longer you train, the better your form will improve, and the easier a run will feel. I ran a raceaat weekend that felt like a 13:00 pace and ended up being just under 11:00!



Do you Galloway?






3 comments:

  1. I have been running intervals lately, but haven't been able to improve my pace...yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be patient, it will come when you least expect it!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I love run/walk and Jeff (I feel like he and I are on a first name basis). :)

    ReplyDelete