Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Listen While You Workout Campaign

***I was given a free audio book in exchange for this post, all opinions are, as always, my own***

I have heard so many of my fellow bloggers post about listening to audio books or reading on the treadmill while they run, and it has always intrigued me. I am definitely a runner who needs her tunes, but I have run a lot of races lately without any music at all, as well. 
I was recently contacted about this amazing  Challenge, which is in its second year, run by Macmillan Audio. It is a simple challenge! You listen to an audiobook while you run, and log your times at the website. There is a box right on the page telling you who is in the top 5:

There are also samples of audiobooks for you to try out! If you scroll all the way down, there is a sweepstakes for a FitBit Flex, with three runners up receiving 5 FREE audiobooks! WOW!

What are you waiting for? Check out the info below, and get started today!



LOOKING TO GET IN SHAPE THIS SPRING
BUT CAN’T STAY MOTIVATED TO EXERCISE?

MACMILLAN AUDIO PRESENTS:
LISTEN WHILE YOU WORK OUT

When you start thinking about ways to motivate yourself and your readers to get back in shape this spring, why not consider audiobooks?!? Audiobooks are the ideal motivators for fitness, pushing listeners to run the extra mile, finish the extra set, or spend the extra twenty minutes on the elliptical in order to finish the next chapter of their favorite book on their iPod!
This February, Macmillan Audio will launch their second annual LISTEN WHILE YOU WORK OUT CAMPAIGN, encouraging people to get back in shape through audiobook listening. The campaign’s hub, which will go live in February, will be www.macmillanaudio/workout. Active listeners can join the program by signing up on the website and logging in the amount of minutes that they spent listening to audiobooks that week. The website will include sample audiobooks that will push listeners to work out longer, and examples of how many calories they will burn while listening to chapters from those particular audiobook while doing various activities. Each week, the website will highlight the top five listeners (who have worked out the most) and be updated with new audiobook releases, testimonials from participants, and words of encouragement to keep listeners on track to keep going and burn more calories!
The campaign will run from February to June and participants are encouraged to join at any point during that period in order to get in shape and enjoy great books while doing it.


For additional information please contact:
Esther Bochner, Publicity Manager, Macmillan Audio
175 Fifth Avenue | 3rd Floor | New York, NY 10010 | T: 646-347-5043 | F: 917-534-0980 | E:esther.bochner@macmillan.com



Have you ever listened to an Audiobook while running? 

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of listening to audio books or pod casts! I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait, I will even listen while I train for my duathlon, bike and running~!

      Delete
  2. UGH!!! Another comment just lost into cyberspace!!!!! I do like to listen to books on long runs but they have to be funny or light reads in case I get distracted. BTW the link to try this out is not working even if I copy and paste it..... What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link in the write up was wrong, the link in my comments was right, fixing it now! SO sorry you are having trouble commenting, it is so frustrating!

      Delete