Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathon and Dopey Challenge

I do not even know where to start when I think about the Marathon as part of the Dopey challenge! I will write an actual recap during the week, but I must say it was the most amazingly difficult race I have ever done, as well as possibly the dumbest thing I have ever done! If not for Colleen, I would probably have been swept!
More about that later, some pictures to hold you over:
 A racer was dressed as Captain Jack! When I asked him to take a pic with me, he did the whole accent and everything. Only after we were done, did he actually speak with an American Accent. He was awesome!
These are the balloon ladies. They were on my tail from mile 18ish until mile 23ish. 
When.they.passed.me. 
They were amazingly supportive, motivating, kind, wonderful ladies. This pic was taken just after we left Hollywood Studios, where you can no longer be swept! Hallelujah! I finished. After those ladies. It was frightening to be that close to them for so long!
In the last miles, Colleen needed to run and I needed to walk, so we were apart a lot of the time. Whenever we would meet up, she would say Just keep moving forward! I knew she didn't get swept, but I didn't know she would wait for me just past the Finish Line! We hugged so hard and cried like babies! We did it!
After a shower and nap we went back to EPCOT for dinner, by way of a character stop. Minnie hugged us both....
Mickey was so proud......
Goofy made us laugh and gave us kisses!

Did you do the Dopey Challenge? Would you try it?

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on Dopey!! That's amazing!! I think I'm gonna go out for Goofey next year, but not Dopey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I love running in Disney, but that was my one and only Dopey! I may consider Goofy in the future, though!

      Delete
  2. Awesome job ladies!! Glad you didn't get swept. I would love to do Dopey sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dopey was awesome, I must admit, and I look back even more fondly now that I am no longer sore!

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! Sorry to hear you struggled -- it was definitely rough! But you made it, and that's such an incredible accomplishment! You go girl! ;)

    (Also, nice bumping into you again -- TWICE. Sooo funny!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you as well, and to Todd for his races! Cannot wait to see you at my next out-of-state race lol

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Sorry to hear that it was a bit difficult for you, but you rose to the challenge. I don't know if I'd ever sign up for Dopey - I'm not even sure how training for it would go. I suppose I should probably do a marathon first. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meridith! Definitely do a marathon first…maybe in Disney!

      Delete