Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Running Disney, Dopey Style!

24 hours from now I will be waiting in the airport to board my flight to Disney! I will be running Dopey, which is really really Dopey, I must say! 48.6 miles in 4 days, oh.my.heck.

I am very excited about running these races, though. My good friend and often race buddy, Colleen, is going as well, and we will be bunking together. We have all of our meals planned, our bags packed, and our nerves jangling.
I also have my costumes packed. All four of them.
Princess Leia for the Full Marathon, although I think it needs a belt. Braided pig tales or not, I will look like someone's bride, for sure!
Lightening McQueen for the 5K, because it is my buddy Bryce's favorite. Bryce is Who I Run 4, and he is just the best boy ever!
Mike Wasowski for the Half Marathon. I have since made a mouth, after someone told me that my Minion costume was cute. The shirt looks yellow in the pic, but it is actually lime green!
Etch a Sketch for the 10K. A whole group is dressing as Toy Story characters for the 10K, and I am glad that I chose this costume, so I can be in the group photo! What fun!
RunDisney released the tee shirt images yesterday, because we are not all freakin excited enough right now!
The green Pluto tee is a cotton tee, and the rest are Long Sleeved tech shirts, which I am kind of meh about. I am pretty much over the whole tech-shirt-at-every-race thing, I now have so many, I cannot possible wear them all! The Disney shirts are nice and thick, though, and I wear them as every day shirts instead. I am a rebel. I know. It's why I am going as Leia, after all.
I hope to blog each night, mostly with pics, but no promises! I will be going to bed early every night, I hope, so that I can drag my butt out of bed early every day to race! I am more worried about that, than about running 48.6 miles, let me tell you!

Will you be running in Disney?

7 comments:

  1. Have an awesome time at Dopey and safe travels! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be posting wordless posts for the next few days, and then I will write all about it when I get back!

      Delete
  2. I love the shirts this year! Good luck and go get em girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen an Etch a Sketch costume before. I'm sorry I'll be missing that! Hope to meet you Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry I missed the meet up, we were still sleeping when it started! Dopey wore me out! We ended up changing our dinner to 8:30 so we could nap!

      Delete