Friday, December 20, 2013

Race for the Cure Pink Honor Roll

Whew!
I have a shiny new mac to replace the one I fried the other day. What a sad day that was for me! I loved that laptop, and I am sad to see it go. My new one is the same make and model, with none of the saved passwords and pics waiting for me.
::::sigh::::::
source
Anyway
After spending all day Friday at the mall dealing with this mess (visiting my genius, having him tell me the laptop is dead, mourning my laptop, buying an ugly Christmas sweater, buying new laptop) I was definitely not feeling the love.
And then the mail came. Mail is a wonderful thing. Our box of deer antlers came from Wyoming. This dude is the bomb. We send him $50 and he sends us 12 antlers. Before you get weirded out, these are for the dogs. They are a healthy alternative to rawhide, and each one lasts about a month. At least. One antler at Petsmart can cost from $10-$25. For real. Did I mention this guy is the bomb?
Then I checked out the Christmas cards. I love the ones with pictures! My favorite this year came from my dearest childhood friend, Grace. We have been friends since second grade! We lost touch after High School and reconnected through Facebook a few years back. She is a supermom. For real. Her kids are awesome, she bikes everywhere with them and she makes the most amazing stuff. Just in the last month she re-upholsterd an armchair, is tiling her fireplace with seaglass, and made trees out of driftwood to sell at a local boutique. See? Supermom. Her card was signed by all of the kids, and she wrote the most amazing message on the back! I am still smiling.
And then there was the letter from Komen telling me that I made the Pink Honor Roll for 2014!
 I am so excited to be on this Honor Roll! Fundraising for Komen, and other Breast Cancer Research organizations is my most rewarding job, and it so great to recognized for my efforts! I look forward to more fundraising in 2014, for Komen and for 26.2 With Donna!

Do you like getting real mail?

No comments:

Post a Comment