Sunday, December 29, 2013

My #OneWord #OneWord365 for 2014

Last year, at about this time, I read a blog post about choosing one word for the year, for inspiration and motivation. I cannot for the life of me remember where!
Today, I read a blog post at Three Little Men and a Mommy about her word for 2013, and choosing one for 2014. It brought me back to my word for 2103:
you can buy this bracelet here!



I knew that I would need to Persevere in order to complete 13 Half Marathons in one year, in addition to all of my other races! I won this bracelet in a giveaway, and wore it every day since, and will continue to wear it. It reminded me to Persevere, even when I wanted to quit. It was a great word!
When I started to plan my Achievement Board for 2014, I decided to use my word for 2014 as the centerpiece, and I changed up the way I wrote my goals. What is my word for 2014?

 And, thanks to Melanie at Only a Breath, I have an awesome button for it as well! If you want to make one of these awesome buttons for 2014, click on her blog name above, and read about how easy it is to do! Just a quick photo save and a trip to Pic Monkey and you are done!
Awesome!!!!!
Why did I choose Relentless?
I will need to be Relentless to finish Dopey, which is 48.6 miles in 4 days. Sure, it is the happiest place on earth, but oh.my.heck. that is a lot of miles.
I will have to be Relentless to finish 14 Half Marathons in 2014, in addition to all of the 5Ks, 5 milers, 10Ks, and mud runs I also want to do!
I will have to be Relentless to reach all of the goals I have set for 2014 on my Achievcment Board!

Luckily, Endorphin Warrior has a bracelet for Relentless as well! After I recover from Dopey, physically and financially, I want to get it in black. I should point out, Endorphin Warrior has no idea I am giving them a shout out. I love their bracelets, and the hubs bought me a tee for Christmas. I am getting no compensation for this post!



What will your word be for 2014? Will it be fitness related, personal life related, faith related? There are so many reasons to pick your one word!

So, what will it be?

2 comments:

  1. I love how strong the words persevere and relentless are. I'll be at Disney too next week! I'm not doing Dopey, but am running everything but the marathon. If I had to pick one word for 2014 it would be strong or fast, as those are my two big goals for the year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running in Disney is perfection! Good luck with your races in 2014!!! I chose strong words because often I do not feel strong! I am definitely a slow runner, which I am okay with, but I struggle with cross training, and sometimes even with getting out the door to run! I hate weather, lol, and running in it can be a challenge!

      Delete