Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No Day But Today Virtual 5K with Half Marathon Option

With my Half Marathon coming to an end, I wanted to do a quick blog about my next event. This one is a little different, because I will be hosting it on behalf of my daughter, Morgan.
Morgan has formed a Relay For Life Team, called No Day But Today. (All you RENT heads out there should recognize the name!) Her team is formed in honor of someone from her Performing Arts High School that is a 15+ year Lymphoma Survivor. All proceeds from the race will benefit the American Cancer Society. She and her friends (and I,  as chaperone) will spend the night at a local park, walking laps. It is a super fun event, and everyone really does have an amazing time!
What is a Virtual Race?

  1. You walk/run/bike/crawl the required distance on your own time.
  2. You report back to the Race Director (in our case, there is a Facebook Event Page) with your time, and a pic if you took one
  3. You get a cool medal! Music notes, in honor of my daughter's school, and a green ribbon to represent Lymphoma.


We chose a 5K, because Morgan's friends will be participating, but we also offer a Half Marathon option. You can run this all at once, or a little at a time.
The Race will take place any time during the month of May, and you can register at any time! Register by PayPal, using kimmiepcft@hotmail.com or PM me for my home address. if you want to mail a check. You can also go to the Relay page and donate directly. The cost is $20. $15 will be donated and $5 will defray the cost of the medal and shipping.
For every 10 people that register, I will add something to the pile-o-prizes. Winners will be drawn on May 31st!

Do you have any Virtual Races on your calendar?

7 comments:

  1. I am very much looking forward to this race! I love, love, love theater and the arts! And I love, love, love RENT! No Day But Today is my life's motto. It means so much to me. I am excited to run this event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carie! My daughter is a total RENT head, she loves the song, it means a lot to her!

      Delete
  2. I would LOVE to help on this run! But...I got 6 more weeks of tightening the wallet before my new job starts. After that I will be all yours lol! But, really great job on raising your daughter to want to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be interested in hosting an online Scentsy fundraiser? I would be willing to donate 100% of my commissions to your daughter's Relay for Life Team. My website is www.pattykonis.scentsy.us . Take a look and if you are interested, send me an email and I can give you more information.
    -Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! Contacted you via your Scentsy page!

      Delete
    2. Let me know if you didn't get my email! I have you all set up and ready to go!

      Delete