Monday, February 18, 2013

(Half) Marathon Monday


I finally feel back on track with my running! We have been getting just enough snow in Jersey to make running a real pain in the butt! This past week, though, I got in some runs and some strength workouts!

Monday, Feb 11: Strength workout done during the Biggest Loser. I did 4 sets of each, using 8# weights, plus 2 planks.
Tuesday, February 12: Sweet Cupcake 10K run, 1:10:15 in my shiny new shoes, and a plank

Wednesday, February 13: rest day, quick plank to keep the ball rolling!
Thursday, February 14: For the Love of the Run Virtual 5K, intervals, 35:05 3.4 miles 10:19 pace plus 2 quick 30 second planks


Friday, February 15: quick one miler with the hubs, 1.1 miles in 11:08 plus a 2 minute plank
Saturday, February 16: Barking Mad Virtual Half, in the snow, 2:26:34 plus a quick 30 second plank

Sunday, February 17: 45 minutes playing Wii Sports with the hubs and the teenie boy. I won a couple times, but mostly got my butt whooped. It was unpleasant.

So far, for the month of February, I have 29 miles in. I had planned on 80 for the month, but with the snow, it probably won't happen. It's all good, though. Winter months are rough, and Spring is just around the corner!
I added a last minute Half, so on March 3 I will be running the E Murray Todd Half in Freehold, NJ with my friend Eileen. The temps are predicted to hit the 50s, so I am excited! I hear it is a hilly course, and I look forward to starting my first of 10+ official Half Marathons!

When is your next race?

6 comments:

  1. I love that you planned a last minute half! And that is definitely coming up fast. Your week sounded great and way to go on that 10k!

    Thanks for joining the link party and grabbing a button. Can't wait to read more about your adventures!

    xoxo,
    Ashley @ The Preppy Runner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on the blogging planner blog hop. Sounds like a great plan. I have just started running - on my treadmill. I may work up to a 5K but it isn't in the plans just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started out with the Couch to 5K plan in August 2011.....and in May 2012 I ran my first Half. Anything is possible!

      Delete
  3. Great job on your half in the snow! That's fast especially considering the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) Luckily, the snow wasn't sticking, just blowing around like crazy!

      Delete