Saturday, February 23, 2013

#13in2013......or not?

When I woke up this morning, I was expecting a rainy day! Instead, it was low 40s, and just misty. Hmmmmmm, I might actually squeeze in another Virtual Half today! I was already running Sara-Use it to Lose it's 5K but why not throw in a Half while I am at it? The hubs and I  started the run with the pups, ditched the wee one after 3/4 mile and then shortly after the mile mark, I ran off on my own. The hubs isn't into long distances.
It was so dreary, but not too cold, and I was optimistic. Until mile 5. That is when the rain started. YUCK! I have an actual Half Marathon next Sunday, I was not going to risk getting blisters in the rain, so I texted the hubs to come and get me.
Not quite what I was hoping for, and I never got the chance to make up all of the time I lost when we had the wee pup with us, but not bad either.
The E Murray Todd Half Marathon is next week, and I look forward to the scenery, although I have heard it is very hilly. I ran Hershey though, so I am not too scared!

What are your plans for the weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your half next weekend and don't worry about cutting this one short. It happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.I just found your blog when I googled the E Murray Todd 1/2 marathon to see what others were saying about it. After looking at the long-range forecast, I registered over the weekend. I like your blog. I am also a half fanatic. As a fellow Jersey girl, I thought you would be interested in this virtual race for Restore the Shore that I just happened upon. The link is below.

    http://register.boardwalkrelay.org/search/event.aspx?id=17295

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am actually running the Runapalooza Half, which is hosting the Virtual Race! SO nice to hear from a fellow Jersey Girl! I will be wearing my HF shirt and a yellow/orange running skirt this weekend, hope to see you there!!!

      Delete
  3. I haven't decided what I'm going to wear on Sunday, but I will look for you. I'm hoping I can break out the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard low 40s instead of 50s, hoping it hits the 50s though, I am tired of being cold!

      Delete