Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Runday

Today I had 4 miles scheduled, and I knew that it was going to be a nice cool morning, so I planned to get our bright and early. And they I slept until 8! Oh well, better late than never! I hit the road around 9 and the temp was a beautiful 56* out!
I headed towards the bridge with a 4 mile route in mind, but something pulled me towards the beach instead. I headed towards Bay Head and made a left just before I hit the ocean <3 I just had to stop and take a pic:


That was around mile 1.5! I continued on and headed towards the boardwalk. There will be some boardwalk running in Disney, so I thought I would get some practice in! I took another pic at mile 2.7:


You just gotta love the Jersey Shore, especially in the off season! Hardly anybody on the boardwalk except for a few runners and walkers!! Right after I took this picture I got off the boardwalk and continued on towards town. My pace was amazing, even though the wind was in my face almost the entire time! I ran on some lovely uneven sidewalks, and some brick sidewalks, and back to the uneven ones when I turned down Bay Avenue. I kept checking my watch in shock, My average pace was below 11 minutes!
When I hit the bridge on my way back, I hit 5 miles and stopped to take a pic for evidence, lol:

I walked the rest of the way home as a cool down, still in shock, lol. My best 5 mile time *ever*, so excited!!!!
 
What did you do during your workout today?

2 comments:

  1. great job on your run. It was pretty chilly on my run in pa today! I wore capris and a long sleeve shirt and was still freezing haha. I love running on the boardwalk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle, don't you just love this weather! My parents live in Penn and they said it was 46* there yesterday morning. LOVE it, but don't want it to get *too* cold lol

      Delete