Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day

What a crazy weekend! I already posted about the Color Run, that was Saturday. Sunday my parents came over and we went to the Blue Claws game (semi-pro baseball) to watch my daughter sing the National Anthem. What a night! She did an amazing job, and the Blue Claws won the game. Woohoo!!

Today I found out that I won a prize in the Running For Dummies Virtual Scavenger Hunt. What fun the hunt was!!! First, I did a Virtual 5K. This was no problem since I have been running so much, and 3 miles is my minimum! I even had a bib! Then I had to do a plank and submit a pic of me planking (my dogs got involved with that one!) Then I had to step out of my comfort zone. I submitted a pic from my mud run, when i ran through the electric shock wires. Talk about discomfort! Then I had to submit pics of something I loved, a food for the virtual party, and beverage for the virtual party. My fave pic of those 3 was the pic of my Birthday Cake Vodka. I put just a splash into Waist Watchers Orange Soda and it tastes like a creamsicle. YUM!
It was *such* a fun challenge, and I cannot wait to see what arrives as my prize! I will be sure to post a pic when it comes!
Running for Dummies is also hosting a Plankaday Challenge. I *was* on the Leader Board with my plank of 1:42 but then a bunch of super toughies beat me with some 2 minute planks. Well, it was on like Donkey Kong, and I pulled out a 2:08 plank today. I don't know if that will get me back in the top 20 or not, but check out my blog page, top right! There is my 2:00 plank badge! Woohoo! Next goal is a 3 minute badge, although that could take awhile. I finally found the secret: reading my Nook while I plank. It takes my mind off of the pain in my abs, lol, and I get some reading done! WinWin!!
Happy Labor Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment