Thursday, August 2, 2012

Run With Jess' Virtual Games...and more!

Have I mentioned befiore that I LOVE Virtual Races? This one is a little different.
  • First, it was FREE!
  • There is no bling
  • but you can win prizes
  • It has an Olympic Theme
  • By the end of 10 days, you run a marathon!

It was so exciting to take my training schedule out and add in all the short races, and the long ones! Jess even provided a score card:

I will post updated pics, hopefully not sideways, as I run! Check out the event: Virtual Olympics

I also started my other Virtual Race, this one *with* bling, the Pacific Northwest Virtual Run: click here
This one is a Half Marathon, but sicne my training does not call for that distance yet, I am splitting into a few runs. We even got a bib:

Pretty, right? I did 4.1 miles already, and will do another 3.1 tonight at the Summer Series. Here is a pic of me before the 4 mile run, though:


I will wear the same outfit tonight, sans bib to prevent confusion at the race, lol, and if hubby gets a good pic, I will share tomorrow! Then I will only have 6 miles to go!


In other news, my own virtual race is approaching, and I have raised almost $1000 so far! I have 62 racers from 23 states, and Canada, and I am so excited that it is raising so much money for Susan G Komen! The bling is pretty too!

Time to go to work, if you like my blog, please remember to vote at the top right of my blog. You can vote once a day! I will leave you with a pic of Mile 9 of the Rock n Roll Philly Half:







No comments:

Post a Comment