Friday, August 10, 2012

TGIF!!

What a rough week! I was sick for a few days, and missed a run that I hope to make up today!
I did however, manage to finish the Pacific Northwest Half Marathon! When the bling arrives I will post a pic, but for now, I have this:


I am also making progress on my Run With Jess Virtual Games! All I need to do is the 6.2 mile run and I am good to go! Woot!
SO last night was week 4 of the Summer Series 5K. I had not run in days, and all I did yesterday was 30 burpees, so I thought I was set up to beat my time. And then I forgot my ipod! I NEED that ipod! Everyone zips off, and it always just me out there, and I need my music to keep me going! Worst time ever of 36:08 BUT I was 2nd in my age group (out of 2, but shhhhh! don't tell) and 2 people finished after me: a 77 year old race walker, lol, and an actual female runner! Can you stand it?!?!?! Next week is the final run, with awards and pizza. Each week we get points, and next week, the prizes are given out! Since my friend and I are the only 2 in our age group to make it every week, we have a good chance of winning a prize. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants!
Today is a rest day, but I plan to make up that missed run, which has to be a 6.2 miler to complete the Virtual Games. I also need to do some burpees for my Burpee BOOM Challenge. I have 60 done for the week and I need to hit 100.
All in all, not a terrible week! I have a cute pic from the summer series I will post when I get it. Happy Friday all!


No comments:

Post a Comment