Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Countdown to the Philadelphia Half

The Philadelphia Rock n Roll Half Marathon is 47 days away, and I am starting to get very excited!

This will be the first of 3 Half Marathons I will be running this Fall in order to earn my Half Fanatic Status. The lowest level of that status is earned by running 3 Halfs in 90 days. I will actually earn it in around 65 days! My second Half will be in Staten Island on October 7th and the 3rd will be the Hershey Half on October 21st! So excited!

To get everyone excited about the Half, pictures are being posted of the course, one at a time. Here are the first 6 miles:


We start with City Hall in view:

Mile 1, passing by City Hall:


Then we pass Independence Mall at Mile 2:


Mile 3 is the National Constitution Center, a great place to visit:


Mile 4, almost 1/3 done, is LOVE Park, which is very beauiful:


Mile 5, the first place on the route that I have not visited, is the Museum of Art, with the "Rocky" statue out front. How cool is that?


Mile 6, almost halfway there, we run through Fairmount Park, and pass the Lemon Hill Mansion. I have never been here, either, and I am looking forward to this mile:

I cannot wait to see what Mile 7 will be, I love checking their website every day for the updates! Once they have posted them all, they will be sharing a picture of the medal! BLING!

Also coming up for me,  as part of my training, are the Damon Runyon 5K in Yankee Stadium, and the Color Run in NYC. Runyon gives you bling, which is awesome, considering how many stairs you take during that 5k!
I also start a few Virtual Runs this week, the Pacific Northwest Half Marathon, which can be done in several runs, and Run With Jess's Olympics
which has you doing different distances each day, getting longer each day, totalling a Marathon by the time you are done with the week! SO COOL! She will be emailing us a score card, which I will post daily!


What races are you doing in August?






No comments:

Post a Comment