Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Savannah Bridge Run 5k

 I received entry into the Savannah Bridge Run as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out bibrave.com to find and write race reviews. 

My friend Cary and I arrived in Savannah on Friday just in time to walk over to the expo. The process was super quick and painless, and we were in and out with plenty of time to drop off our bags at the hotel and have dinner. 







Race morning was perfection as well. We had a 7:00 trolley time, so we walked over to the Civic Center and waited in line for our trolley. We didn’t wait long, and the ride to the start line was beautiful, with the sunrise to look at on the way! 








The race started on time, and we were off. Y’all. I took around 40 pics, so I’ll post the highlights. The course was beautiful, the support was amazing, and I wish I was healthy enough to the 15k. I had so much FOMO! Cary did the Double Pump, which is the 5k followed by the 10k, and she got to run the bridge 3 times. I was in awe of that bridge. I am obsessed with bridge architecture, and walking on one was a dream come true!










At the finish, they had water, bagels, oranges, and bananas, plus beer. There was a live band as well as the music that the finish line was playing. I grabbed some water and went to stretch before heading back to the finish to wait for Cary. Before long, she texted me that she was off of the bridge and on her way back! I got to see fellow Pro Samantha finish as well!





What an amazing race! We are definitely considering going back next year! Cary grabbed a banana and we walked to Maple Street Biscuit for breakfast. A perfect end to a perfect race! 



Have you ever done a Bridge Run? I think I might be addicted! They had a generous time limit for walkers, which is really appreciated! 

Oh! I almost forgot! Race photos were FREE! Y’all. I love free photos. Here’s my fave…



No comments:

Post a Comment