Thursday, November 25, 2021

Millbridge Turkey Trot

 The last few years I have run the Millbridge Turkey Trot. It’s a small four mile race in the neighborhood connected to mine. Since I’m still recovering from my injury, I decided to walk it this year. It’s the furthest I’ve walked since my strained tendon diagnosis.

The walk itself wasn’t terrible. I turned on a couple of Peloton Turkey Trot workouts and they were fun with great music. It definitely made the time go by. My arch stated to hurt at about the 1.5 mile mark, but it never became so bad that I wanted to stop. 

It was super frigid, 32 degrees at the start, but I did manage to work up a little sweat. There was no table left with water when I finished, which was disappointing, especially since I asked about time limits and I was told two hours. I finished in under 1:15 so there should have been a table there. I was not last. 

It was fun, though, and I’m choosing to be grateful for it.












No comments:

Post a Comment