Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Back to Atlanta for the Hot Chocolate 5k


 I received entry into the Hot Chocolate 15k as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.

I think I ran my first Hot Chocolate race in 2014. I know for sure it was in Philadelphia. I brought my daughter, who has dimly ever done a 5k, and she kicked my butt at the 15k. It was annoying. But there was chocolate. 

We did it two years in a row and then I moved south. I planned to go back, but in 2016, I skipped it. In 2017, they started hosting a race in Charlotte and I’ve never missed one yet! 2022 in Charlotte is the same weekend as the Charleston Half (I’m doing the 5k) so I’ll be heading to Atlanta.

If you follow along you may be surprised. Almost 4 years ago, Lissa (RunNerdGirl) and I almost froze to death in Atlanta at the Hot Chocolate race and I vowed to never go back!


I guess I should never say never. 
I initially signed up for the 15k, but I’ll be dropping down to the 5k, since I can’t even manage a 10k these days! It will be the yummiest 5k ever!

Join me!
Use HC21 and get a free Buff at the expo! 








No comments:

Post a Comment