Monday, July 27, 2020

Training Update




I’ve basically been having a major pity party since March, and it’s time for that to end! Back to life, back to reality, and the reality is that I’ve gotten myself into a pretty decent groove. I’m still recovering from my November knee injury, so it’s an adjusted groove in some ways, but I’m liking it!
I am also studying for my 300 hour yoga certification (I have my 200 hour) so I have been working on my meditations a lot more. 


Monday I did a 30 minute Peloton ride, live with Ben. 



Tuesday is track day. We did a one mile warmup and one mile on the track, and then a one mile walk. This is part of my new groove. I’m really only supposed to run twice a week and I’m running three times, so I walk a mile of my Tuesday run and that makes it ok. Right?


Wednesday I taught Zoom yoga, although that’s not where my mat is when I do that! Then I did a 20 minute live ride with Robin and a meditation. 



Thursday I started with two miles. We ran one and walked one because my knee ached. It freaked me out, I’m not gonna lie. I came home and did 20 minutes of yoga and a meditation. 


When I woke up on Friday my knee felt great so I started the Power Zone program on the Peloton. It’s supposed to help you ride better, so I’m giving it a try. 35 minutes with Matt, the Baby Faced Assassin. I got a PR on the warmup ride! Oh, and I meditated!


Saturday was long run day, and it was crazy humid. We all struggled through those miles, but I’m so proud of my group for getting it done!
Also. I meditated. 



Sunday was the PeloFondo. It’s this crazy challenge that happens every few months. You pick a distance between 35-200 miles for the weekend and then you do it! I combined it with Tour de Jess. The tour got me 27.39 miles and then I had 7.61 miles left and nothing in the mental tank. I turned on a Cody ride and he got me through! 35 miles! Also 10 minutes of stretching and a meditation that night. Exhausting.

I’m still tired today!
What was your favorite workout this week?






No comments:

Post a Comment