Sunday, February 9, 2020

RnR NOLA 10k

Way back when I was feeling good, I registered for the RnR NOLA half marathon with some of my friends. Of course, I had to downgrade to the 10k, but even that was too far. My longest run has only been 2.5 miles so there was no way I was even attempting to run that far.


We have been doing a lot of walking around,  from Bourbon Street to the Garden District, we saw a lot of the sights, ate a lot of the food. I rested as much as possible in between but my legs were still tired this morning when I woke up.


I had a plan. I would run 5k and walk 5k, and not worry about time. At one point, since I was feeling so good, I considered running 4, but I talked myself out of it. Slow and steady wins the race. This is really hard for me, but I’m determined to do this the right way, and pushing my knee too hard is not wise!




So I ran 3.1 and then I walked 3.1. I am
Glad I did it this way. After 3 months off, these runs seem so long to me. Everything aches now and my right foot aches from taking some of the heat off of my left knee. 







It was a fun race. There was plenty of water at all of the stops, lots of spectators with beads and booze, and the music was fun and frequent. One of these years I will run a race here when I’m not injured. Or not. Either way, today was a great day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment