Friday, February 21, 2020

Expo Day at the Hot Chocolate 15k


I received entry into the Hot Chocolate 15K as part of bring a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Check out BibRave.com to find and wruite race reviews.

Okay, so I did register for the 15K, but I had to bump down to the 5k when I was diagnosed with Arthritis in my knee last month. I had to take off some crucial time from running and I just couldn't train properly for a 15K.
Lissa (RunNerdGirl) and I met up for brunch before our annual trip to the expo. This is our third year going together, and it's become a tradition! This year we got smart and carpooled! 



As always, I parked at NASCAR, since the rates are good and you can stay indoors to walk to the expo. The buildings are connected. Score!


Under the arch we went, and right to get our bibs. I've been singing their method's praises since I first ran their Philly race in 2014 or so. You walk up to any available volunteer at the pickup table and they scan your QR code. A printer will print out a label which goes on the next available bib. AND YOU'RE DONE!



Next stop is the Legacy table, if you're running your 3rd, 5th, or 10th consecutive year. We were both running our 3rd year so we went to the table, but my bib didn't say Legacy! GASP!
A quick trip, like lightening quick y'all, to the Solutions desk and In was fixed. When I bumped myself down, the computer dropped my Legacy Status, which was quickly fixed.




The light effect was cool until we took a pic! Next we picked up our jackets, which obviously requires selfies and another photo opp.



Okay. Time to get serious. Serious about treats!




















Afterwards, we dropped our swag off at the car and walked a mile-ish around the area for our streak challenges. One of them requires outside miles, so we wanted to get that mile done!



I am looking forward to race day. We saw so many friends at the expo, and we will see even more tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and running some miles with a few, followed by brunch with my fellow Pros. Be on the lookout for some serious orange photos tomorrow. 
Oh, and her is a close up of the legacy swag. The bonus bling even has a little stand attached to the back! This baby may just go on my desk!



Have you ever run a Hot Chocolate race?





No comments:

Post a Comment