Monday, February 3, 2020

Training Update, Race Edition

Happy Post Super Bowl Monday y’all. I’m loving all the body positivity after that incredible performance by J-Lo and Shakira! They made me motivated to do my workout early today!
I also want to throw back to January. I was feeling a little down on the 31st when I saw how low my mileage was. This osteoarthritis thing is legit killing me. I looked back at all of my workouts, though, and felt so much better!


Ah-mazing. I felt so much better after seeing this. I may not be able to run very much, but I’m not quitting! I will figure out this osteoarthritis and I will overcome it!

Let’s get down to last week's workouts!
Monday I did Aaptiv lower body and some yoga before and after. I chose Thigh Obliterator for the lower body and boy did it work! Yikes! I have to modify a lot and whenever I’m in tabletop position I have to fold the mat up to put under my knees, but I’m getting it done!



Tuesday is coaching. In the morning, my people didn’t show up! Ugh! One hour round trip at 5 in the morning is not my fave but I went back to bed when I got home and that didn’t suck. Tuesday night I ran 1.5 miles with one of the ladies I coach and that was pretty great. We ran at her pace, and although my knee aches a bit while I run, it feels fine afterwards. The day after is always a stiff, achey mess but I’ll take it!



Wednesday I teach yoga, and I brought a yoga towel this time. I folded it up to keep under my knees and it was a huge help. I also walked a mile afterwards.





Thursday is coaching day. I started the day with a 2.6 mile ride and ended it with a 2 mile run and planks. 




Friday I taught yoga again. It was a dreary rainy day and getting that mile after really sucked. 



Saturday I coached the long run, 6 miles on the bike. I really miss running with them! They are all doing so well!





No run afterwards, though, Sunday was a race day! Instead, I went and got my bib and then the hubs and I checked out a food truck we have been dying to try.





I also found out that I’m one of the first women to be a member of the Skirts Sports Legacy! What does this mean? I’m OG baby, I’ve been around almost since the beginning. Now I get to sit back, help when needed, but mostly just enjoy the view. I also get to give you a discount code! SS15Kim577 gets you 15% off!

On to Sunday. I parked about a half mile away from the race, at my fave parking garage in Charlotte. The NASCAR museum and convention hall. You can park, walk through the convention center which is a city block long, and walk out through the front. I cut through my favorite little park and went to Panther Stadium for the race. The race itself was fun, although my calf seized up at mile 1.5, until the end. The two mile racers were approaching the finish from one side and the four mile racers from the other. Someone who had just finished the four mile race basically stood in my way while he recovered. I said excuse me, he made eye contact and didn’t move. So I made a snarky comment about getting out of HIS way, and finished. Slowly. It was an auto PR since I have never run that distance. I walked back to my car, changed, and hit Amelies for lunch. It was a great day!








A great week! Hoping for another great week this week! We travel to NOLA on Thursday for RnR, I’m running half and walking half of the 10k. 
Did you run a Super Bowl themed race over the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment