Monday, January 27, 2020

Training Update, Osteoarthritis Edition

Y’all, I know it’s not the worst thing in the world, but I am struggling. I try not to be too down about it, so many can’t even walk, but this inactivity is killing me!
Monday I was finally able to try a run. I ran a quarter mile, and it hurt and I was gimpy, but it was also cold and that may have contributed. Afterwards I walked a mile with no pain. I also did a lower body Aaptiv workout and stretched after.


Tuesday was a track day in the morning. I walked while my runners....ran..... and that night was gill repeats for the 5k crew so I walked while they charged up the hills.




Wednesday I taught yoga and then I learned how to make royal icing and decorate cookies. Not bad for my first try!




Thursday, the morning crew had hill repeats. I rode my bike out to the hills and then while they ran the hills, I did a half mile on the flatter roads. The longer I ran, the less pain I felt. Yes! That night I rode with the 5k crew. 4 total miles on the bike. 





Friday was a rest day. I didn’t teach yoga that day but I did 30 minutes of yoga at home.

Saturday, I rode my bike while my runners did 4 hilly miles and then I ran a whole mile by myself. One.whole.mile. It was super slow because of the mud but I didn’t care! My leg was a little stiff on Sunday but when I walked, it loosened up!





What was your favorite workout this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment