Monday, December 11, 2017

Posterior Tibial Tendinopathy

Otherwise known as Dream Killer.
Ok, maybe it's not that bad.

Let's start with the doctor visit. After some x rays and some painful prodding, it was determined that there was no fracture, but I have posterior tibial tendinopathy.
Basically, the way I run (I pronate) is causing strain on the tendon that runs along the inside of my ankle. I have to ice it and rest it until the pain goes away and then I can resume running. I have some fun exercises to do that will help strengthen the area.

What does this mean for my future plans?

No Mount Dora Half Marathon this weekend...



No Goofy Challenge in January. Ironically, these arrived today...



Most likely, no Trail Gnome Run on New Years Day...

BUT

I can start training mid January for my 50k, as long as I behave myself and do my exercises.
I will be able to run Spring and Fall races.

Luckily, I went to the Doc in time. The longer I waited, the worse it could have been. I could be in a boot, or in a cast, or on crutches!

So my winter is suddenly a little less crazy, and I will be getting a lot of rest. I guess that's a good thing!

If you're running Disney, especially the marathon, look for me! I'll be outside of Animal Kingdom, right around mile 14... and outside of Hollywood Studios, cheering my loudest and making as much noise as possible.
I might weep a little weep, but I'll tr6 to keep that to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment